- On the web, if you should be within a few months of age 62 or older, or
- By calling our national service that is toll-free 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or visiting the local Social protection workplace. A scheduled appointment is not needed, but it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply if you call ahead and schedule one.
It is possible to assist when you are prepared to:
- Offer any required papers; and
- Answer the relevant questions given just below.
Papers you might need certainly to offer
We might request you to offer papers to exhibit that you will be qualified, like:
- Birth certification or other evidence of delivery;
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status if you had been maybe maybe maybe not created in america More Info;
- U.S. discharge that is militarys) in the event that you had army service before [...]